Diabetes Care Manager
Territory: North London
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
- This position will be responsible for management of an assigned territory calling on predominantly Primary Care and Secondary Care sites, other diabetes related institutions and personnel. The objective will be to grow sales, gain new distribution, support customers in the field and create awareness for AgaMatrix products.
- Focus on and build relationships within assigned territory.
- Working knowledge of the processes and intricacies of the NHS reimbursement scheme and how that
affects product use and recommendation of AgaMatrix products.
- Develop local strategies to fulfill CCG/LHB contracts and formularies where AgaMatrix products
- Gain new distribution on existing and new products, while executing marketing and promotional
strategies to increase market share.
- Build competitive immunity at each assigned account by thoroughly understanding all aspects of the
account and creating multi-level relationships within the account, both vertically and horizontally.
- Develop a working knowledge of the inter-relationship of Nurse Practitioners (NPs) Practice Nurses
(PNs), Diabetes Specialist Nurses (DSNs), Clinicians and Pharmacists and work to gain
recommendations along every link of the chain.
- Communicate internally with all departments with respect to account activities and needed support.
- Provide timely updates to the Regional Manager, NSM, General Manager, AEL on accounts to
provide market feedback.
- Attend conferences, exhibitions and sponsored meetings as needed to support marketing efforts and
interface with accounts.
- Spend minimum of 80% of working time with prospects and customers.
- Perform special projects as determined by the National Sales Manager or General Manager, AEL.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in biomedical or biological sciences (or similar). and/or
- Minimum of one year customer-facing sales experience in healthcare or related industry
- Ability to present and detail professionally to healthcare professionals including Clinicians, DSNs, NHS managers CCG/LHB leads etc.
- Ability to write persuasive communications which can be supported by research of authoritative sources.
- Ability to effectively present and support sales initiatives and to present original thoughts and concepts to individuals and large groups of healthcare professionals.
- Ability to interpret and present an extensive variety of technical arguments.
- Ability to use personal computer software to analyze, organize or interpret alpha and numeric data. This may include creating word processing correspondence and utilizing basic spreadsheet functions, along with PowerPoint presentation skills and database usage.
- Ability to work to strategic plans.
- Sound organizational and planning skills as well as the ability to set priorities in large territory.
- Experience of diabetes through education, work or socially is preferred.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please forward your CV to