Diabetes Care Territory Manager, AEL
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Vacancy 1 Territory: Hampshire, NW Surrey and SW London
Vacancy 2 Territory: Derbyshire and Staffordshire
Vacancy 3 Territory: Warwickshire, Oxfordshire and W Berkshire
Vacancy 4 Territory: Yorkshire and Northumberland (Maternity Cover)
- This position will be responsible for management of an assigned territory calling on predominantly Secondary Care and Primary Care sites, other diabetes related institutions and personnel. The objective will be to grow sales, gain new distribution, support customers in the field and create awareness for the AgaMatrix products
- Focus on and build relationships within assigned territory.
- Working knowledge of the processes and intricacies of the NHS reimbursement scheme and how that affects product use and recommendation of AgaMatrix products.
- Develop local strategies to overcome CCG/LHB contracts and formularies where they restrict to limited companies.
- Gain new distribution on existing and new products, while executing marketing and promotional strategies to increase market share.
- Build competitive immunity at each assigned account by thoroughly understanding all aspects of the account and creating multi-level relationships within the account, both vertically and horizontally.
- Develop a working knowledge of the inter-relationship of Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Practice Nurses (PNs), Diabetes Specialist Nurses (DSNs), Clinicians and Pharmacists and work to gain recommendations along every link of the chain.
- Communicate internally with all departments with respect to account activities and needed support.
- Provide timely updates to the Regional Sales Manager, NSM and General Manager, AEL on accounts and provide market feedback.
- Attend conferences and exhibitions as needed to support marketing efforts and interface with accounts.
- Spend minimum of 80% of working time with prospects and customers.
- Assist the Regional Sales Manager, AEL with development and training of new sales personnel as required.
- Perform special projects as determined by the National Sales Manager or General Manager, AEL.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in biomedical or biological sciences (or similar).
- Minimum of two years customer-facing sales experience in diabetes products and services
- Ability to present and detail professionally to healthcare professionals including Clinicians, DSNs, NHS managers, CCG/LHB leads etc.
- Ability to write persuasive communications which can be supported by research of authoritative sources
- Ability to effectively present and support sales initiatives and to present original thoughts and concepts to individuals and large groups of healthcare professionals.
- Ability to interpret and present an extensive variety of technical arguments.
- Ability to use personal computer software to analyze, organize or interpret alpha and numeric data. This may include creating word processing correspondence and utilizing basic spreadsheet functions, along with PowerPoint presentation skills and database usage.
- Ability to work to strategic plans.
- Sound organizational and planning skills as well as the ability to set priorities in a large territory.
- Demonstrable success in driving sales growth.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please forward your CV to